• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Accessories Thread

Reactions: Maine Coon
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm so tempted, but maybe I should wait for cellphone-parts to get this color. Worth it for ~$37 shipped??

Rear Cover Back Cover Battery Cover LG G3 D855 Metallic Black New Original Brand | eBay

So I received my Qi back from Spain today, and it works perfectly. I kind of like the fact that it is a new OEM back (as opposed to the sticker), as it eliminated all of the carrier branding on the back of the phone. Not that that ever bothered me too much, but eliminating it is always a plus.

All in all, I am very happy and think the $37 was worth it.

Upvote 0
Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Just got this in today. Feels nice

Attachments

• 1407005497757.jpg
    1407005497757.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 1407005525078.jpg
    1407005525078.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
That case looks great. What are your thoughts on it? Any other colors? Link? :)

Here ya go

Original Shockproof Bumper Case Cover Shell for LG Optimus G3 | eBay

pretty good hand feel. Just holding the phone you can't even tell the case is open back because the bumper wraps around a little on the sides. That also helps keep the phone from lying on the counter when you set it down to avoid getting scratched up. Materials feel premium to me and came in official retail pkging.

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
So I received my Qi back from Spain today, and it works perfectly. I kind of like the fact that it is a new OEM back (as opposed to the sticker), as it eliminated all of the carrier branding on the back of the phone. Not that that ever bothered me too much, but eliminating it is always a plus.

All in all, I am very happy and think the $37 was worth it.

It charges ok? I've got it in my watch list on eBay now.

Upvote 0
HiGot this - Amazon.com: [Ultra Slim] Caseology LG G3 [Copper Gold] [Armor Plate] Protective Hard Cover Snap-on Case [Made in Korea] (for Verizon, AT&T Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked): Cell Phones & Accessories

Today. I bought it from Amazon because I didn't want to wait for an ebay purchase. I usually get a cheap TPU case but along with getting a non black phone for the first time in over a decade, I wanted something different. The case is about as minimalist as you can get beyond a stick on skin. It's a little more to the red gold color than the phones silver gold, but most people wouldn't even know there was a case on the phone. It wouldn't protect much from a decent drop to the pavement, but will protect the phone from keys in a pocket and small incidental drops. I'm careful with my devices, but this wouldn't be the case for someone who likes to chuck their phone around.

Addendum. The lower edge of the case has a rough edge. Combine that with the cut outs for the ports and you get a sawtooth effect. I tend to rest my pinky on the bottom of the phone and found it became uncomfortable. I was able to resolve the issue by smoothing the edge with some emery cloth. Thus did remove the gold paint from the edge, not tremendously noticeable. Consider in any purchase decision.

Upvote 0
Got this - Amazon.com: [Ultra Slim] Caseology LG G3 [Copper Gold] [Armor Plate] Protective Hard Cover Snap-on Case [Made in Korea] (for Verizon, AT&T Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked): Cell Phones & Accessories

Today. I bought it from Amazon because I didn't want to wait for an ebay purchase. I usually get a cheap TPU case but along with getting a non black phone for the first time in over a decade, I wanted something different. The case is about as minimalist as you can get beyond a stick on skin. It's a little more to the red gold color than the phones silver gold, but most people wouldn't even know there was a case on the phone. It wouldn't protect much from a decent drop to the pavement, but will protect the phone from keys in a pocket and small incidental drops. I'm careful with my devices, but this wouldn't be the case for someone who likes to chuck their phone around.

looks really good.
I'd get one, but I am committed to the QC case w/NFC+Qi.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Maine Coon
Upvote 0
Not sure how much interest there'll be for this, but it works pretty well for me. Created my own cloud storage, using an extra 2TB drive that I had at home:

Pogoplug Pogo V4 A1 01 Mobile for iPhone iPad and Android Devices 850877002290 | eBay

$9 is a steal. I got it when it went on sale a few months ago, at $29

Drex, you DO cost me money, do you know this? :D

Got one. In addition t o 4 other pogoplugs, not mobile though, my poor man server.

----------------------------------------------

In other news:

Chinese batteries and charger that I bought for $17.98 work surprisingly well, the same as OEM battery.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Drex, you DO cost me money, do you know this? :D

Got one. In addition t o 4 other pogoplugs, not mobile though, my poor man server.

----------------------------------------------

In other news:

Chinese batteries and charger that I bought for $17.98 work surprisingly well, the same as OEM battery.

Is that the 3800mah one? You're getting the same battery time out of that as the stock 3000mah?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones