• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 BootLoop

Owyn

Lurker
Jun 18, 2017
So I was on holiday in London recently and i left my phone charging for a while, when i went to use it to check my texts all of a sudden it froze and got stuck in a bootloop.
After coming back from my holiday i bought a new battery which didnt fix the problem. Sometimes the phone manages to boot up but its either laggy or it ends up restarting into a bootloop eventually. I have tried everything; hard reset, upgrading to 6.0, flashing, and nothing seems to fix the problem.

I dont know what else to do at this point, is my phone screwed (did some part of the hardware get fried?) or am i missing something?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

LG D855

Last edited:
Without having the phone in front of me, I can only speculate on a solution for you.
You can try this:
https://androidforums.com/threads/twrp-bootloop-fix-after-update-ota.922585/
File structure/locations are the same on the G3 as LS660. The partition might not have zeroed out after an update, which prevents it from booting properly.
If this doesn't work, then you will need to reflash (hopefully from a backup you made previously) "EFS, MODEM, etc. partitions.
Double check to make sure the proper kernel/boot IMG is being used or reflash the IMG.
If using a kernel management app, locate (through recovery file manager - TWRP, you may need to mount /system) the app and rename (*.bak), so as to keep the kernel setting changes from taking affect.

**(After rereading your comment again) BUT....you stated it will sometimes boot, that sounds like a screwy setting, especially since you also said it's laggy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones