• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G3 D850 crapped out since latest system update

OMedizen

Lurker
Jul 24, 2017
Hello, it is yet the most frustrating moment of my life. Ever since the latest system update, my phone seems to not want to display a screen of any sorts even when I do get a screen, it will turn completely black very quickly. Furthermore, by tapping on the screen and/or press the power button will wake my screen up but now no response. What seems to be a great phone is now a nightmare! The screen will also display when there is a text, phone call coming in but now all I have is a black screen that won't allow me to operate to receive a phone call or respond to texts. I have gone to T Mobile and they said there is nothing they can do or undo the system update and suggest me to contact LG directly but I have no luck other than telling me to do a hard reset and/or factory reset which I have done. My phone is still extremely disabled for about 1 week now and it is just sitting there not functional. Is there anythings else that I can do to fix this problem caused by this extremely ******** system update? It is hard not to think of companies beguiled consumers to have to buy new devices rather provide ways to fix the problem. Any suggestion will be much appreciated, TIA.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones