• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG G3 ROM port for the LG Ultimate 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcunningham

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2015
The world of Android
So I have been working lately on a ROM for the LG Ultimate 2 based off of the stock ROM, but with a LG G3 theme. (Yes it boots unlike the CM11 ROM) It took me a little while to build it, but it will be worth it. Because I modified a recovery to work on the phone we now have TWRP & CWM. The ROM has stuff like ported G3 apps and stuff like that. I know all the apps work so that's good. Read everything so you don't make any mistakes. Before you do anything, you need the newest version of my recovery to install, so please see my TWRP thread and download it. You can also use CWM to install this ROM, but I do not give instructions on how to. And if something goes wrong and you used CWM then I will not help you. You will need to ask @SuperR for help. Also I recommend you do a full wipe after flashing this ROM. You will need to wipe the cache after installing for it to boot right. This ROM is odexed and that's why it boots quickly. I will not be adding extra reboot options because the ROM needs to be Deodexed to add those. Odexed ROMs are also a good bit more stable then deodexed ROMs. You can get the extra reboot options with the LG G2 tweeksbox if you really need them.

LG%2BUltimate%2B2%2BG3%2BROM%2BPhoto%2B2.png

(Pretend its a LG Ultimate 2)

1. Download ***Removed by Mod*** to the root of your SD card.
2. Boot into recovery from flashify by selecting the "Reboot recovery" option from the menu
3. In TWRP select "Backup"
4. Now select the "Storage" option and tap on MicroSD
5. Next name the backup "L41C" and it will backup everything on your phone
5. Press home and then select the "Install" option from the menu
6. Find the zip and uncheck anything about erasing the ROM
7. After its doen installing press "Wipe Cache" and then press reboot.
8. Tell me what you like or dislike about this ROM

Download:
***Removed by Mod***

Version 0.9 changelog (Released May 12):

Modified LGHome.apk
Modified LGCalculator.apk
Modified LGCalender.apk
Modified LGAlarmClock.apk.apk
Modified LGGallery.apk
Modified LGSettings.apk
Modified LGEmail.apk
Modified LGFileManager.apk
Modified LGInCallUI.apk
Modified LGMusic.apk
Modified LGMusicWidget.apk
Added LGQTheater.apk
Changed the default wallpaper

Version 1.0 (Released May 18):
Release removed due to major bugs

Version 1.1 (Released May 24):
Lots of new G3 icons
Messaging app redesign
G3 Browser port
New G3 boot sound
G3 lockscreen (Almost)
New wallpapers
Refined G3 setup wizard
G3 settings app
Calculator update
The memo app has a new icon
G3 Videos app is ported
Removed the useless LGQTheater.apk
Support for the LG Ultimate 2 recovery tool

Version 1.2 (To be released on June 11):
SuperSU
Pre-rooted
LG G3 Smart Cleaning app
The unlock animation bug fixed
More new icons
Minor changes to the camera app
Faster boot time due to more apps being odexed
LG Update Center is more G3 like

And I took some screenshots so you could see what it looks like.

0e67cadb8043c879bdc52c585d37ff16.jpg

c3544f9c7c2948a87f2830810931751f.jpg

7367e1480fb6b3b3c92cb480f4b22a74.jpg

df9793255d51a429fb15445e554a7496.jpg
73a2e4b082c37e534ac1de2116cbb375.jpg
bc060d5c8d4c73bb9e03c704570326d7.jpg

8e65cf9d002d276355acdf8f9115e1b6.jpg
675b113ab03c15d54f3595a604baeff4.jpg

a70fb92202b3a089b2e5a7841c9ecfa4.jpg
8c815ce8d271cf4b7599864ef5f3ab75.jpg
38db3350fd9e7929dd0b9ce61db13dce.jpg
2015-05-15.jpg

So in this ROM I have included a app that will let you know if I release a new version of this ROM. You will get a notification that will tell you you have a message from Software Updates. Tap on that and you will be all set. You can also check manually for updates from the G3 ROM updates app on your homescreen. When you update to a newer version of my ROM, you will need to clear the data for "Software Updates" in the application manager. If you don't you will get updates for your last installed version of my ROM. And of corse make sure to thank the people on the credits list.

@SuperR
For the META-INF folder.

Now lets talk about getting bricked. If you mess with somthing in my ROM and you can get to the home screen you should try a factory reset. If you get bricked and can't boot, ask for a replacement from TracFone. Follow ***"this guide" removed by Mod*** and you will have you replacement in just 8 days! If you don't follow my directions you will get bricked.

If you like my work you donate a money to me so I can continue to buy TracFones to make ROMs for them. All you have to do is send the amount of money you would like to donate through the mail. If I have 10 people donate $5 each I will have the money to get the LG Tribute. With the LG Tribute I can get the system dump then port it to the LG Ultimate 2. This will make the ROM much better. Right now I have to downscale images and that's hard. If I get the Tribute then I can do a full port instead of just downscaling apps and pasting them. This would allow me to port system frameworks. I could add gesture shot, SystemUI, LG Camera, LG QMemo+ and much more. Send me a PM or email of you want to donate. You dont have to but if you want a better port than you should.

All downloads for the LG Ultimate 2 can be found here. and If you have any feedback or recommendations, tell me by leaving a comment below. I greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

-Ryan C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your rom is looking very nice. You should also include SupeSU in the next update. The rom doesn't seem to be rooted because I have to root it with towel root every time I flash it. You should also make a power menu to get into the recovery as well as a hot boot.
I will add SuperSU in the next version. Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0
I think dirty flash, its taking a long while to charge. 4 hours but that could be me using it while charging.
4 hours is quite a long time. I should add the Qualcom battery saving app. It might help make the phone charge fast.What you can also do is put it on plane mode or shut off the phone and plug it in.

Upvote 0
I might try that cause they do recommend you to recalibrate the battery after flashing roms and this is my first flash.
I remember my first ROM flash. It's exciting when you see the home screen. Then 3 days later I made my first ROM. Well enjoy! And I will be releasing version 1.0 tomorrow. Just to let you know.

Reactions: ST Dog
Upvote 0
Of this rom correct and I can access it through the G3 update app you included or do I need to root to update?
You can update from the G3 updates but you have to be rooted. I kept the first version unrooted because I never make test or beta versions rotted until I am sure I got all the bugs out. If there is a bug with the status bar that was enabled from Gravity Box it would be a disaster. That's why I leave it ubrooted so people don't go and download bad apps. But if you want to update you need to be rooted. Version 1.0 is prerooted with SuperSU installed. At 12:00 am tomarrow you will get a notification telling you that you need to update to version 1.0 and it will paper in the status bar. If the update app is removed you can no longer update your ROM. It took me more than an hour to make it so yea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones