• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G4 Water Damage

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

So i recently dropped my g4 into a tub full of soapy water and i pulled it out as fast i could once out i checked to see if it was still on. It was still working but i pulled off the cover and removed the battery. after i dried everything off being the dumb ass i am i put the battery back in. It turned on but i did not have the cover on and the battery fell out. I reinserted it and it will not turn back on. The speakers on the back crackle when ever power is present but nothing else is working. It is currently in a bag of rice what should i do?

So i recently dropped my g4 into a tub full of soapy water and i pulled it out as fast i could once out i checked to see if it was still on. It was still working but i pulled off the cover and removed the battery. after i dried everything off being the dumb ass i am i put the battery back in. It turned on but i did not have the cover on and the battery fell out. I reinserted it and it will not turn back on. The speakers on the back crackle when ever power is present but nothing else is working. It is currently in a bag of rice what should i do?

Leave the phone in a desiccant bag,such as the rice,or better if you have access to such.
Change the desiccant as needed,I'd dry it out for a week in this manner.

Or take the phone apart & dry it out:
https://www.ifixit.com/Device/LG_G4

I'm guessing you've done irreversible damage to the phone on the 2nd power-up.
FWIW,T-Mobile's LG G4 is now only $349,brand new.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones