• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus F3 "Unfortunately, Settings has Stopped."

Wanderwulf

Lurker
Feb 14, 2016
I don't understand what happened overnight I wake up and can't do any of the most important things with my phone.

I cannot access the Task Manager, Settings, my text messages, I cannot call anyone, etc.

Everytime I try and do something I get the "Unfortunately, <task> has Stopped." error message.

I can't fix it because like I said it's all of the important things like the Task Manager and Settings menu. Not to mention the stock android Backup program as well.

What do I do about this?!?!!?!?! My phone is not rooted it's just a regular, out of the box phone.

First thing to try is a battery pull, remove it and wait a few minutes then put it back in and restart the phone.
If it's still borked try removing the SD card if you have one, sometimes they can get corrupted and crash the phone.
Next would be a cache partition wipe from the recovery menu, if that doesn't work a factory reset, final option is a trip to the phone store for a new phone.

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0
First thing to try is a battery pull, remove it and wait a few minutes then put it back in and restart the phone.
If it's still borked try removing the SD card if you have one, sometimes they can get corrupted and crash the phone.
Next would be a cache partition wipe from the recovery menu, if that doesn't work a factory reset, final option is a trip to the phone store for a new phone.

How do you get to the recovery menu? I can boot into Safe Mode but not sure that's what I want to do. I would buy a new phone, I'm ready to anyway, but I just hate to lose all my pictures and everything that aren't on the SD card.

I can't even download a backup app through Google Play it won't connect and start d/l'ing...I don't get what royally screwed up my phone overnight. I can use the web browser such as Chrome and it will connect to webpages, but that's not helping me any. I tried taking out the SD card and battery, didn't help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones