• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus S issues

zevas

Apr 28, 2012
first off i have a plain lg optimus s. it is rooted. before i get to what rom i use let me say i erased some things from the sd card when it was rotted. not sure if i erased something i wasnt supposed to. phone worked fine. then there was an update for the android info app. All of a sudden i couldnt do anything, except boot into recovery. Fail as i must have deleted the NAND backup. So i had to force flash the HydroROM from my pc to my phone, luckily nothing was earsed, and i kept all my info and apps. (by the way this phone has no service i use wifi). For some god forsaken reason i cant boot into recovery. When i try it just gives me a black screen with the buttons lit up for a little bit. I want to try new roms and such and i want to do backups so i dont lose everything, but now idk what to do. is there a way to flash a new recovery or something? This is also an baseband of LS670MVH_6150 and the SW Version is LS670ZVH

Tough one. Try this...
1) Unplug your phone.
2) Remove the battery for a minute.
3) Press the power button.
4) Reinstall the battery.
5) Close your eyes, thrice click your heels together while thrice repeating, "There's no place like recovery".
6) Try booting into recovery mode by holding the "Home" and Volume Down" button, and then pressing the power button until (hopefully) the logo appears.

Upvote 0
Try downloading a terminal emulator from the market. Put a recovery.img (it should have .img on the end, if it has.zip you need to extract the recovery.img) on the root of the SD card (not in any folder, just near the bottom of the list of folders).
Then open up the terminal emulator and type in all this (hit the enter key after each line, if you lose the keyboard after typing in su then go to the menu and select "toggle soft keyboard"):
su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

flash_image recovery /sdcard/(what ever the name of the recovery.img is on the sd card, exactly)

reboot recovery (type in this line only after you get a # after typing in the rest of the code as this will reboot your phone into the recovery menu. Any errors and you might end up in the fastboot screen.)

Hint: You can rename the recovery.img to anything you want. I rename mine to whatever will remind me of what recovery it is. Example: the Xionia recovery to xrecovery.img , the VM670NH_recovery.img to the brecovery.img , the touchscreen recovery to the trecovery.img. When I get to the part in the code where I need to type in the name of the recovery I want to install, I type in the name exactly as it's now spelled on the sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones