• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Link] Radios for S-off

Can anyone say if these radios gave them better signal/speeds compared to the 0808 or 530 radio? I still can't download 0808 or 530 (or any of the other ones for that matter) because the link appears broken. Could anyone please post a link to these two radios?? Thanks!

The 706 radio from the 2.86 radio is giving me better signal than 530 :cool: I live in jacksonville florida by the way if it matters. Haven't tested the 808 radio but want to. I don't think there's any other links because I tried on xda and android central. All dead. :(

Upvote 0
mario-thanks.jpg

This is for Brian for re-uploading the dead radios. :)

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Is there a general consensus about which of these is generally considered the strongest and provide the overall best signal? I've tried a number of them and can't quite tell.

I haven't used them all. I've switched between 1.06 and 1.09 and didn't notice any significant difference. In the OP there is a brief description of their experience with each radio.

Upvote 0
Is there a general consensus about which of these is generally considered the strongest and provide the overall best signal? I've tried a number of them and can't quite tell.

I haven't used them all. I've switched between 1.06 and 1.09 and didn't notice any significant difference. In the OP there is a brief description of their experience with each radio.

Well for signal strength, go for 530. If you are wondering which is better between 1.06 and 1.09 I guess it's 1.09 since it has the slight edge in speed but both are close so you can test to see which works for you :)

Upvote 0
Hey, sorry about that. I had moved some things around and set up a more complete thread. All working links you can find here:
http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/648902-radios-hboot-firmware-all-downloads.html

Edit: They are working for me....

Okay so whenever I try to download 1 of these radios, I get to a blank webpage. It is as if the files were deleted. Anyone have a copy of each? Particularly interested in the 1 that was said to have the best signal.

there is the link posted by Brian I will fix the links soon, but in the mean time thank you Brian.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones