• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Linking Facebook Profile VillainROM 12

Fozzy

Mar 15, 2010
England
So yesterday after being utterly sick of waiting for Orange to release 2.1, I made the leap and rooted my phone. I found it fairly straight forward and played around with a few ROMs finally finding VillainROM 12 to suit me the best.

Only problem I've encountered so far, I can't link Facebook profiles to my Google contacts at all. When I'm in the People App, I go over the Sync screen, enter my Facebook username and password to enable it. Then when I go onto a contact, scroll to the Sync screen and press link profile, it says there are no matches and there are no Facebook profiles in the list to link it with. I just get the message "No Matches Found" in the list instead.

I have tried logging out of Facebook for Sense and logging back in, but its to no avail. The list still stays empty.

Any ideas as to how I can get it to work? I had all my contacts linked back in 1.5 HTC Sense.

People are discussing the same problem on Villain's forums, I posted a Log of the error report I was getting when trying to Sync, they seem stumped over there too. There are suggestions that it may be a problem with Facebooks API or an issue with HTC's FB for Sense. All I know is that when I switched to FroydVillain 1.1.1, the issue no longer exists and all my contacts have synced as they should.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones