• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.9 (Black Liquid Edition Source Rom!!! So Fast Its Frozen!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone try using a different kernel? i tried the slayher 1.1 that ive always used and it runs great but on 1.9 my battery seems to die quick. I just put p3droid to see how it does. Anyone running anything else like Chevys?
I've been using the slayher 1200 kernel since Sunday. I do a lot of texting, browse twitter, facebook and e-mails and in about 6 hours time I'm down to about 60% battery life.

Upvote 0
Ty selvikin don't forget to donate if you can to support future development of this wonderful rom :)

Donated -- but a couple of the donate links at the top of the thread aren't working... at least not for me). I hope they will be fixed so the $$ can keep flowing for you hard-working developers.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! I love that my year-old Droid keeps staying fresh and new. :)

Upvote 0
Is there a 1.95?

Yes.

Download: http://android.markjohnston.us/DL/LFY/index.html

Here's the changelog:

v1.95 Changelog (11/12/2010)

updated news and weather app v1.3.01 (credit google)
new email app with exchange enhancements(credit cyanogenmod)
carrier name issues should now be resolved (credit koush & liquid)
built from source using latest FRG83 proprietaries (credit liquid)
new miui style call user interface in phone app (credit blackdroid)
updated to the latest frg83 google apps as of 11/11 (credit p3droid)
new dual mode snooze alarm feature in clock app (credit evan charlton)
rebuilt aosp frg83 source fresh and synced as of 11/12 (credit liquid)
implemented old market app sync method for better reliability (credit liquid)
great improvement in performance and quadrant scores (credit liquid & slayher)
implemented old network location method for more accurate geolocation (credit liquid)
included theme wallpapers and new app draw icons in Goods on sdcard (credit liquidzgrl)
tweaked build.prop values for smoother transitions and better preformance (credit liquid)
now included the all in one roottools script; get the roottools app in market (credit jrummy)

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
Two questions...

Is this new 1.95 version compatible with the themes released for v1.9? And is anyone having Gmail syncing issues? Specifically, I can't seem to send any emails. No matter if I'm on 3G or wifi, it just sits in my outbox "sending" and never is actually sent. Also, when a new email arrives it says I have this new email in my inbox along with any emails I previously received.

Upvote 0
Yes.

Download: http://android.markjohnston.us/DL/LFY/index.html

Here's the changelog:

v1.95 Changelog (11/12/2010)

updated news and weather app v1.3.01 (credit google)
new email app with exchange enhancements(credit cyanogenmod)
carrier name issues should now be resolved (credit koush & liquid)
built from source using latest FRG83 proprietaries (credit liquid)
new miui style call user interface in phone app (credit blackdroid)
updated to the latest frg83 google apps as of 11/11 (credit p3droid)
new dual mode snooze alarm feature in clock app (credit evan charlton) <-- Yeah, I think I want this!!!
rebuilt aosp frg83 source fresh and synced as of 11/12 (credit liquid)
implemented old market app sync method for better reliability (credit liquid) <-- Good, I think I am having issues with mine right now....
great improvement in performance and quadrant scores (credit liquid & slayher)
implemented old network location method for more accurate geolocation (credit liquid) <-- Ahh, this may be why BW keeps FCing on me....
included theme wallpapers and new app draw icons in Goods on sdcard (credit liquidzgrl)
tweaked build.prop values for smoother transitions and better preformance (credit liquid)
now included the all in one roottools script; get the roottools app in market (credit jrummy)

Thanks for the info. I think I need to update to 1.95.

Is wiping still required if coming from 1.9?

Upvote 0
Two questions...

Is this new 1.95 version compatible with the themes released for v1.9? And is anyone having Gmail syncing issues? Specifically, I can't seem to send any emails. No matter if I'm on 3G or wifi, it just sits in my outbox "sending" and never is actually sent. Also, when a new email arrives it says I have this new email in my inbox along with any emails I previously received.

Yes, it is. I just DL'd the the Blueberry theme today, and compared it with the one I DL'd 2 days ago when I first installed 1.9 on my phone - identical Hash strings, meaning they are the same file.

I can post the screen shot if you'd like.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones