• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

listening to music online

ok, did a search

The LG Ally Will Receive Android 2.2 [LG Confirms That Froyo Is Coming To The Red-Headed Android Stepchild] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

The Ally will get 2.2 sometime in the (near?) future. You will need 2.2 to run flash. Flash is available on the Android market for free. So you would have manually installed it, but you may not see it in the market until you get 2.2.

That all having been said, i don't know what that website is using for streaming music. It might not even be flash. If you visit the website on your PC, (then stream music) what processes start up in the background?

Upvote 0
You might be out of luck on the Ally. Flash 10 on 2.2 was intended for newer phones that have an ARMv7 processor (Snapdragon, OMAP, etc.). The Ally has an ARMv6 like my Eris. However, my Eris does run Flash 10 on 2.1. Though, it had Flash Lite 3 stock making it easier. Maybe if your lucky, someone may have ported Flash 10 to the Ally. Just don't expect beautiful results for video. It should be more than enough for the Facebook music player though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones