• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Llama app. Won't mute other app.

I am trying to mute a single app. I don't want to turn down my volume down just for this app then back up for all my other apps. So I found Llama. Seems like it has the potential to do this. I set up the conditions and actions and apply to the app. However, it never works. The app plays sound immediately upon launching and seems like Llama is not fast enough to see I launched the app and mute my phone. I even went into advanced setting to make it persistent and respond faster. Since I see no solution in Llama, here is my question.

Is there a way to create a home screen shortcut that executes mute first then launch a specified app?

Thanks Thom for some ideas. I decided to spend more time with Llama. I DID find a way to create a Llama shortcut that when clicked will then executes a series is commands. So when I click the shortcut it mutes first then opens the app of my choice.

To do this I long pressed my home screen. Selected shortcuts(this may only be an option for me since I use the custom launcher Go Launcher), then Llama, and then selected custom shortcut. Then made my conditions ands actions.

Upvote 0
I love using Llama to mute or unmute prior to opening a specific app! I now have a shortcut to Pandora that will turn my volume up automatically then open Pandora. No longer do ever worry about changing the volume. My phone does it for me now!

One request though: when making those shortcuts, I wish that Llama would let me use the official icon of the app rather than a generic icon I can choose in Llama. As a solution, I have taken a screenshot of the official app icon, but it doesn't give me the alpha look of the original icon.

Upvote 0
One request though: when making those shortcuts, I wish that Llama would let me use the official icon of the app rather than a generic icon I can choose in Llama. As a solution, I have taken a screenshot of the official app icon, but it doesn't give me the alpha look of the original icon.
In tasker you can assign an icon within tasker (before you create the shortcut). Llama may have similar feature.

Your launcher probably also allows you to change icon after a shortcut (not widget) is created. Nova launcher certainly does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones