• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lock 4G LTE Mode?

I personally liked being able to turn on/off 4G and 3G on my bolt. There were times when I just did not need 4G and wanted to save battery time and used 3G. I hope the S3 has that option.

Not sure about the Verizon version of Samsung products but I do know that AT& T branded Samsung phones have that function blocked. You're pretty much stuck in GSM/WCDMA mode all the time.

Upvote 0
I personally liked being able to turn on/off 4G and 3G on my bolt. There were times when I just did not need 4G and wanted to save battery time and used 3G. I hope the S3 has that option.

yep heres hoping. I think that was HTC that had that feature I love it. Way too many times the phone would drop to 3G unless I force lock it into 4G. I also like being able to choose 3G if I want to save on data (when I let my friends tether). Maybe there will be an app that can do this somehow?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones