• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Computer rule # 1. If it's important, it's backed up somewhere. If it's not important enough to back up, it's not important to worry about. Remember - your phone can be destroyed, stolen or lost at any moment. Insurance can replace the phone. It can't replace data.

Next time you'll have all your apps and contacts backed up and you can just reinstall them.

Reactions: JHell
Upvote 0
Yes, encrypted both phone and card. lost 2/3 or more of my apps, contacts etc. I was able to sync my contacts reinstalled apps. The phone was stolen. reset, returned with a new profile. i again reset the phone. Synced again, however the SD card was encrypted. I could have decrypted the phone and maybe then decrypted the card, instead i pulled the card and hoped maybe another phone could decrypt it. Thank you all for taking the time to enlighten me!! I am humbly grateful!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones