1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root lol

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lollovinlife, Jan 26, 2014.

1. lollovinlife

lollovinlife Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    i encrypted SD card. phone wiped. synced my contacts realized SD card inaccessible. if i decrypt phone i erase apps. i removed. sd card
    need the zte for dummies?

Advertisement

2. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    Male
    not sure exactly what the question is in that...

did you encrypt it and cant decrypt it? or do you want to decrypt it without losing your data? kuz i dont know if you can decrypt it without losing the data

dont mess with things like that on your sd unless youre willing to lose all your data

lollovinlife, JHell and scary alien like this.
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Computer rule # 1. If it's important, it's backed up somewhere. If it's not important enough to back up, it's not important to worry about. Remember - your phone can be destroyed, stolen or lost at any moment. Insurance can replace the phone. It can't replace data.

Next time you'll have all your apps and contacts backed up and you can just reinstall them.

JHell likes this.
  4. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    Male
    yep, live and learn sadly. this seems more like a problem specific to whatever app you used to encrypt it, not a phone specific issue though. yes the phone specifically cant read the encrypted card but im sure many phones cant either so you may want to look into some type of support for the encryptor

lollovinlife likes this.
  5. lollovinlife

lollovinlife Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Yes, encrypted both phone and card. lost 2/3 or more of my apps, contacts etc. I was able to sync my contacts reinstalled apps. The phone was stolen. reset, returned with a new profile. i again reset the phone. Synced again, however the SD card was encrypted. I could have decrypted the phone and maybe then decrypted the card, instead i pulled the card and hoped maybe another phone could decrypt it. Thank you all for taking the time to enlighten me!! I am humbly grateful!

Tags: