• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lollipop 5.1

gillsman

Aug 26, 2013
I have a Nexus 7 2012 model running KitKat 4.4.4, I recieved the OTA for Lollipop 5.0.1 a while back but I had so many issues, so I roll back to KitKat, then a few weeks later I recieved the OTA for 5.0.2 so I tried again but there were still issues so I rolled back again to KitKat, now I hear vesion 5.1 is due soon & it's apparently claimed all the issues are fixed, my question is this ~ every time I use my nexus the 5.0.2 OTA prompts me to install but I decline, therefore if I continue to decline 5.0.2 will I not receive 5.1, in other words will I have to install 5.0.2 first in order to get the OTA for 5.1

Cheers

I think you're maybe confused as I've read that 5.0.2 is the "good" update for your tab.
I'd definitely recommend backing up your data then doing a factory reset after you receive it. That should wipe out any potential bugs and have it running beautifully
PS 5.1 isn't out yet but once you get it I think yeah you'll have to go through 5.0.1, 5.0.2 first but then again, I recommend a factory reset

Upvote 0
[QUOTE="funkylogik, post: 6891300, member: 693753

you're maybe confused as I've read that 5.0.2 is the "good" update for your tab.
I'd definitely recommend backing up your data then doing a factory reset after you receive it. That should wipe out any potential bugs and have it running beautifully
PS 5.1 isn't out yet but once you get it I think yeah you'll have to go through 5.0.1, 5.0.2 first but then again, I recommend a factory reset[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, 5.0.2 caused me to be unable to connect to WiFi at work, that's why I went back to Kitkat, I'll wait until 5.1 is announced then upgrade to 5.0.2 again then see if I get a 5.1 OTA
cheers

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones