• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Look at what is Showing up on The Motorola Site

Preach2k

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
North Carolina
Look at what is Showing up on The Motorola Site:

39772d1314921870-just-showed-up-motos-site-bionic-moto-site.png

You know what's really getting to me is why in the world doesn't VZW make it "official" on their website yet? I mean, we have TV Commercials, MAPs etc. etc. but on the VZW it still only says "September".

Note: when typic "Bionic" or "Droid Bionic" into the search box on vzw.com it links you to DroidDoes.com ... not the typical Screen we're used to seeing.

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
I delivered about of Bionic promo stuff to the local VZW store on my route yesterday. It said bionic launch all over the side of the boxes. I stoped by later to see if they had put it out yet and they hadn't. He guy did say they had taken their training on it so it was coming. And he was able to put a speical (ordered me one above what they were already getting)order in for me one online. He thanks it will hit the 8th......

Reactions: thatguy188
Upvote 0
You know what's really getting to me is why in the world doesn't VZW make it "official" on their website yet? I mean, we have TV Commercials, MAPs etc. etc. but on the VZW it still only says "September".

Note: when typic "Bionic" or "Droid Bionic" into the search box on vzw.com it links you to DroidDoes.com ... not the typical Screen we're used to seeing.
Why would VZW change their release procedures on this phone from all the others it has released through all these years? This is typical.

Upvote 0
Why would VZW change their release procedures on this phone from all the others it has released through all these years? This is typical.

I agree with Lars, I think it is to build up hype and excitement to make people want it more.

That and also if they have a last minute problem they can say "We never said it was going to be out on the 8th!!!"

Upvote 0
all the releases are tight lipped and one day, there it is. a week or two before some major supply and ad leaks occur. that's how you know its close. if it is a phone that is also released on sprint, they will release it a month before vzw.

basically this is yhe true replacement for the x. shame it didn't have GSM. they probably haven't figured out the lte/GSM sim. not an issue with the photon. moto also has it stuck in their heads that world travelers want a bb like keyboard. HTC got it right with the inc2 but as usually their hardware is suspect in the quality DEPT.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones