• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for an alarm/calendar app

Bluesman2008

May 3, 2010
I've searched the Market and all threads. I'm looking for a simple popup alarm. For example, I want to set an alarm for 12:30 p.m. tomorrow with a note to (do something). Is there anything out there that will do it? Recurring alarms would be nice (like for birthdays, etc.).

If I could find something like I'm using on my PC (Chameleon Clock) would be perfect. I use it every day for calendaring and other reminders.

Note Everything will do this. It will allow you to create a text note with a timer on it that you can set for various increments of time (10 minutes, 1 hour, etc.) or set to go off at a specific time and day.

The OTHER option is to use the built-in calendar, but add a REMINDER to it. So if you want the alarm to go off at 11:30, you set the appointment for 11:35 and then add a 5-minute REMINDER, so the alarm sounds at 11:30 (5 minutes before the "appointment.") I use this all the time at work for meetings.

Make sure you have the Reminder alarm volume turned up, and make sure in the calendar you have "ALERT" enabled (MENU/MORE/SETTINGS/SET ALERTS & NOTIFICATIONS).

Upvote 0
I will say the nice thing about Nudnik Repeating Reminders is it will keep ringing the Alarm until you turn it off. (the regular calendar reminder rings it once and then only the notification light is lit) And yes Amit, I should put my money where my mouth is, and buy your paid version... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones