• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for new a ROM. Suggestions?

Bramsy, you need to let it go man. I got into rooting and custom roms after all the bad blood so I never took sides. Looking objectively at it and having tried both roms (actually, several roms now) UD8 is the hands down winner. You may cut off your nose to spite your face if you choose to do so, but you can't seriously base your decision on 4 minutes of use and a claim that the power widgets are "lame." Come on, how would you respond if I said that CM was a poor rom based on 4 whole minutes of use?

Let what go.. the guy is a proven thief. Man people now a days.... kobe, big Ben, Michael vick... let it go...

Ud didn't work as well as CM6 on my Droid, let that go!

Upvote 0
1 more... yes I gave it a fair shake, sorry I was exaggerating with 4 minutes...

I got the boot loop after initial install like the other fellow and wasn't too impressed.. the first thing I saw was the normal boring bootup and it was disheartening. Cm made his own bootup and it was very very slick to me (first impressions..)

After mucking around I did see the custom booters and thought the banana was well suited for me, applied it and nightmares followed.

I just don't like Ud on my Droid.

Upvote 0
LFY 1.4 was my first ROM..
1.41 my second
1.5 my third
v1.6 now....
haven't had any reason to go try anything else..:cool:

Your sig- you can get a 1200 rom to run smooth w/ no FC's? or too hot?

I had 1.5 with a 1200 froms slay her. But it would get hot and fc alot after about a week or so. Ive read that cache is now gone from his newer 1.6lfy and kernel...so maybe ill try it again.

Upvote 0
I had UD8.. ran great.. loved the custom options and the (ud symbols). lol. It ran exceptionaly fast for a stock 800 kernel. But as soon as i tried a 1-1.2 kernel...all down hill. It fc'd left and right and made the phone slower than when i had the 800kernel. Luckily I was smart and made a nandroid bu before flashing "aftermarket" kernel. So after my issues.i flashed back to my original stock UD8..and it was ok.. until i tried running my nav/maps applicaitns. Wow, it was horrible. Nav couldnt load anything.. it was blotchy..locked up... and fc'd multiple time... i even had to pull the battery on more than a few occasions... Dont get me started on the launcher pro FC's... its like they came out of no where, and very frequent..especially after letting the phone sleep.
To start..the ROM was great...then it phased out i guess

I use my nav alot, even when i dont have to lol. But i had to drop UD b/c of this.

To add.. gallery loades pretty slow, and the market was slow too.

Upvote 0
Well I might have spoke to soon for UD8. Everything was running well and then on the way home I decided to play some music. Started out fine and then it sounded like it was Alvin and the Chipmunks!! I had this happen before on a ROM that had other issues but dang UD8 otherwise is running so nice. Anyone know the cure (besides a tetanus shot?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones