• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for Prl 60686

Does anyone know the answer to my question above. As long as the phone network is set to sprint only we should be ok???? I actually get a good signal in my area on prl 52515 in my area and i have sprint only selected.

From what I've read that is a Verizon PRL. If you choose Sprint only and you are still getting data, etc. Then yes you are still roaming on Verizons towers. You will need to use a pile of data to get booted. Or use only roaming data for several months in a row to get booted.
There are some hybrid PRL's floating around somewhere, but I haven't seen them in a hot minute....

Upvote 0
I'm kinda new to switching prls and such, and I have a quick question.
Does the phone need to be activated for the 3g to work on a custom prl?

Yes, the phone needs to be on the Sprint network to get 3G or any G data. You can access wifi data to your hearts content with an unactivated phone.;)

Upvote 0
So even if I am using the 00001 prl and I have "sprint only " selected I will not get the dreaded roaming letter from sprint??

from what i remember there only a few sprint/prl versions that will work where you can select sprint and you will not roam.

here is the link:
FULL 3G PRLs - Oh YEA! - xda-developers

the prl 00001 is a pure verizon prl so no matter what you do, you will be on verizon and you will get the boot at some point if you stay on it long enough.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
from what i remember there only a few sprint/prl versions that will work where you can select sprint and you will not roam.

here is the link:
FULL 3G PRLs - Oh YEA! - xda-developers

the prl 00001 is a pure verizon prl so no matter what you do, you will be on verizon and you will get the boot at some point if you stay on it long enough.

OCN,

you are correct! "at some point" is the key word..I just talked to sprint CS and was told that it was not Verizon Data roaming they are concerned with, because both companies utilize CDMA..they share towers. It is the voice Roaming that they do not like..and the guy nicely explained to me that it (giving people the boot) usually only happens in Texas and new york, or bordering states to mexico and canada..because they may connect to a tower and force a "long distance" call...so data roaming...no problem, its the voice they dont like...so depending where you are, and how many calls you make, sprint may not even care/notice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones