• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for 'smart' alarm clock

badmajon

Lurker
Apr 28, 2012
I know there are many alarm clock programs out there, and many motion sensor based smart sleep monitors out there. What I am looking for is a program that combines the two.

I would like a program that wakes me up based on two conditions, 1) I've had the desired amount of sleep or 2) I hit a deadline.

See, I suffer from insomnia at times. I usually go to bed at 10:30-11PM. I need to wake up no later than 7:30 am in order to go to work. However, if I have a good night, and the alarm wakes me up at 7:30, that's too much sleep and I'll feel groggy the next day not to mention possible insomnia the next night. I don't want to set my (normal phone) alarm to 6 AM though, because then if I do have a rough night, it won't be enough sleep! Sometimes I need all the morning time I can get, other times not... I need an app that says 'if this guy has had 6.5 hours decent sleep, wake him up, if not, wake up at 7:30 am'.

If anyone could point me to a program that does this, I'd really appreciate it. I think it would really raise my quality of life.

After looking around for a "smart alarm", myself, I think the best thing I've found to address the above scenario would be a combination of two programs, Sleep Now and Gentle Alarm (both by mobitobi).

Sleep Now tracks your sleep pattern a wakes you after a designated amount of sleep.

Gentle Alarm has a ton of options in setting up profiles for your alarm(s) to wake you at a designated time.

I have not tried Sleep Now, but I'm really liking Gentle Alarm.

Good luck!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones