• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
you can still do that. you just can't make phone calls or get text. you might even be able to get internet via wifi. but the down side is that probably storage is probably not good.

If the phone has a SD card slot we could add to that storage. The $50 Target Trac Phones are the A03S phones, are they any good for what we are going to use it for?

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with this

Upvote 0
If the phone has a SD card slot we could add to that storage. The $50 Target Trac Phones are the A03S phones, are they any good for what we are going to use it for?

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with this
with tech i believe that you get what you pay for. so don't expect it to be some amazing phone at such a low cost. it will probably be slow, might have some bugs or glitches, and the camera probably sucks.

Upvote 0
I have never used Swappa, and of course you will be buying and not selling, but I have read about foreign fraud on Swappa. What I remember is a few people selling phones on Swappa send their phone to a U.S. address, but it's actually a mailing forwarding service to Asia and the buyer claims they never received the phone, so the seller never gets paid for his phone.

Upvote 0
I have never used Swappa, and of course you will be buying and not selling, but I have read about foreign fraud on Swappa. What I remember is a few people selling phones on Swappa send their phone to a U.S. address, but it's actually a mailing forwarding service to Asia and the buyer claims they never received the phone, so the seller never gets paid for his phone.

UGH! I really hate people sometimes. Now i'm not sure what to do

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You can get a brand new A14 prepaid (Total through Verizon) for around $80 on Amazon. You don't have to activate it, but it would be brand new. It would also be eligible for at least 2 or 3 more major Android updates.

That A!4 prepaid for $80 on Amazon that @jhtalisman mentioned about seems like your best and safest bet

The only A14 i see on Amazon are $100+

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok once again forgive my ignorance, but it says Locked. What does that mean and can i still use it over wifi without activating it.

All this headache because we can't find a decent MP3 player anymore lol
Yes you can use wifi without activation. You can do everything except make mobile network required functions like call, text and mobile date usage.

Locked means carrier/service provider locked.

Total is a prepaid carrier that uses the Verizon network for their service. The technical term is MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). They have no mobile infrastructure of their own, but the are contracted with whichever carrier, in this case Verizon.

Reading up, if you ever decide to use the phone on a plan the way to unlock it would be to activate and use for 60 days then they would unlock it. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want to buy a device for your kids, I would suggest buying a tablet, This will be more convenient. Samsung Tab will be awesome. The benefits of tablets for kids are big screens for reading and interactive sessions, family Devices, Customize according to your needs, Kids can't take it school or outside to show-off, monitor kids, etc.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones