• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have never had either phone. I looked at the specs for both phone and I can't say one is better than the other.

Maybe someone else in the forum has had these phones and can say which one is better.

They are similar though? Like I said its for my kid to mess around with, load it up with music and use it as a mp3 player. The Bluetooth on the S8+ is great, if the A10E's Bluetooth is similar than we'll be happy.

Where on the forum would I go to ask around from other users?

Thank you again for your help

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Hows eBay for used phones
Don't. I have seen here where people get phones with blocked imei, phones that were factory reset but FRP was tripped and could not get a hold of the seller, among many other issues.

If you can find a local seller where you can meet them and observe the phone before purchase. The best place to meet would be at a Verizon store where you can ask if the imei is good before buying the phone.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Don't. I have seen here where people get phones with blocked imei, phones that were factory reset but FRP was tripped and could not get a hold of the seller, among many other issues.

If you can find a local seller where you can meet them and observe the phone before purchase. The best place to meet would be at a Verizon store where you can ask if the imei is good before buying the phone.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a IMEI and FRP

Upvote 0
Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Imei is basically an identifier for cell providers like Verizon. It is also used to lock the phone if the user has not paid the bills or if the phone gets stolen.

Frp is Google's security protocol. If you hard reset (using the power and volume buttons), you will trip FRP. you would then need to enter the email and password that was originally used to setup the phone.....which is why you need to contact the seller on ebay,if this happens.....and most can't get a hold of them.

Upvote 0

Thank you for that info. How are those $50 Prepaid A03s phones? Like Trac-Phone? Can they be used without activating the carrier service? We arent going to use this as an actual celphone.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Oh, and what happens if we cancel the service after a month or dont renew? Does the phone become un-usable?
so basically you buy the phone and then set how you want to pay for the plan. since you bought the phone, you can cancel the service at any time with no consequences. though if you pay for the month, but then cancel on the 10th. you will then have 20 days of unused service. and yes you cannot do anything with the phone. looking at Verizon, it looks like they have some free phones when you sign up for a pre-paid plan:

Upvote 0
so basically you buy the phone and then set how you want to pay for the plan. since you bought the phone, you can cancel the service at any time with no consequences. though if you pay for the month, but then cancel on the 10th. you will then have 20 days of unused service. and yes you cannot do anything with the phone. looking at Verizon, it looks like they have some free phones when you sign up for a pre-paid plan:

Damn, my plan was to get a $50 trac phone at target and cancel the service so we could use it as just a cheap mp3 player and play stuff offline

Upvote 0
Damn, my plan was to get a $50 trac phone at target and cancel the service so we could use it as just a cheap mp3 player and play stuff offline
you can still do that. you just can't make phone calls or get text. you might even be able to get internet via wifi. but the down side is that probably storage is probably not good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones