1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for someone who recently purchased an M

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Insanecrane, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Android Enthusiast

I'm planning on buying my M on Friday at the same authorized dealer where I bought my current phone. My question is has anyone recently made an in store purchase and if so was it 2.2 or 2.2.1?

Seeing as how the phone is going on three months old I'm just wondering if it's going to be a luck of the draw type deal. If I get 2.2.1 I'll have to deal with it, but if anyone has an idea about some odds, Ilike to hear it.

Just seems to me that the stores may have some oriiginals that are in stock. I'm in Trenton,NJ if that helps any.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert

Go to the store. Ask them to take a look at phone while it's on. while at the home screen press bottom left button > settings > (scroll down) about phone. Look at Android version.

3. joneidy

joneidy Android Enthusiast

Well I recently bought one on Saturday and came with 2.2.1 maybe you are one of the lucky ones and get one with 2.2 on it.

4. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

I ordered mine on Friday online, it came today with 2.2

5. nightbreed813

nightbreed813 Member

Its hit or miss depending on how many the store sold. If they were popular they got the new version if not they have the old version. Here in my area they all have 2.2.1 so I might be going with a V instead.

6. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Android Enthusiast

this is exactly right.my brother just bought one about 2 weeks ago and his came with 2.2.1.so you may want to ask the guys at metro if they're 2.2 or 2.2.1.my first phone that had 2.2 crashed after backing up my ROM using ROM manager,and my replacement i got from my insurance came with 2.2.1.FML!!!

7. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice, I'm "in" pretty good with the guy who runs the store so I guess I'll talk him up some and see if I can get an "old" one.

If I can't, guess it's a waiting game until we can get root for 2.2.1 but I'm sure that won't be long with all the great contributors here.