• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Sound/Volume Control App

Piper11

Dec 20, 2019
Hi, looking for something specific - have tried 1/2 dozen apps and none can do what I want. Have tried Phone Schedule, Sound Schedule and a couple others that I can't remember the names (but usually pop up in the first line of google play search).
Here's what I want - very simple - weekdays at 8 am phone ringer at zero volume but vibrate. Media zero volume. Texts and anything else, regular volume AND vibrate. At 3:45 pm I want everything to go back to "normal" meaning volume and vibrate for everything.

Can anyone help me here? I've even emailed developers of the apps I've tried and no one answers. I feel my request is a simple one. I'm thinking one of the apps would actually do this and maybe it's me not understanding how to set it up correctly? But, as soon as I put vibrate in the mix, the sound goes to 0 on texts and notifications, I want them to come thru with sound. Seems like you can't control ringer separately from everything else? I've even tried putting the ringer at a very low volume (like 5%) and vibrate and nothing. FRUSTRATED!

Thanks to both of you. I have tried Sound Profile and not had good luck. As soon as I put ringer on 0% it put everything else at 0 even though I didn't ask it to. I'll look at Dingless and Tasker. :) I'm currently trying Audio Profiles and it's working as long as I put the ringer on a teeny bit of sound (which is ok). It too puts everything on silent if I ask the ringer to go silent...beginning to think it's android or the phone and not the apps.

Reactions: Billtunew
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones