• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root loop device

need help i want to be able to run ubuntu on my esteem but when i try to load it in complete linux installer it tells my my kernel does not support loop device it there any kernel for the esteem that supports loop device thanks for and help
From what I gather, to support loop device at least an ARMv7 instruction set cpu is needed which the esteem has. See Specs here: LG MS910 Esteem 4G (LG Bryce) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

Here is a video on installing ubuntu on android (also read description under video): Run Ubuntu 12.04 on Android - YouTube

I am no expert on this subject, I got this info from googling, but everything points to this being possible on the esteem. I know there are different methods for doing this. The video above seems to be the easiest.

Wish I could've been more help. :D

Upvote 0
From what I gather, to support loop device at least an ARMv7 instruction set cpu is needed which the esteem has. See Specs here: LG MS910 Esteem 4G (LG Bryce) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

Here is a video on installing ubuntu on android (also read description under video): Run Ubuntu 12.04 on Android - YouTube

I am no expert on this subject, I got this info from googling, but everything points to this being possible on the esteem. I know there are different methods for doing this. The video above seems to be the easiest.

Wish I could've been more help. :D

thanks man but that's the video i was watching trying to get ubuntu to work but my phone tells me don't support loop device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones