• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost all GPS on my Droid

Is the GPS turned off on the phone?

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Airplane Mode

Is Airplane Mode checked?

Do you have the widget to disable/enable WIFI/GPS connections set on your phone?

Hold down your finger on an empty part of the screen.

Select widgets

Power Control

Check to see it is enabled.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
That has happened to me a couple times. What ended up working for me each time was pulling the battery out for a minute or so and then putting it back in.

My guess as to what is going on is that the gps remembers your last position and then tries to use that to help find your position faster, but something gets screwed up. Pulling the battery clears anything it remembers so it starts over from the beginning next time you try to use it.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this works or not, but I remember reading on another post about having to recalibrate the compass in order for the GPS to read correctly.

This is accomplished by rotating the phone on three different planes several times. So, from what I understand of this procedure. Rotate the phone several times as it would be lying on a table. Next rotate as it would be straight up and down. Finally in a 45 degree to both of the prior.

Again, I cannot validate this is an actual fix, or if someone one just enjoying themselves by making others do stupid human tricks. Still, if you are having issues it may be worth a shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones