• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost Call Log and Ringers

drew_14

Jan 25, 2010
I went to check my call log this morning and noticed it was completely empty. Not too big of a deal but still somewhat of a hassle. Then as I started getting calls throughout the day, I noticed that all of my contacts had their ringers reset to the default ringer instead of their custom one.

I haven't seen or heard of this problem anywhere else. I know people have had their messages completely wiped but this seems to be only Phone data. Any ideas?

I also lost my call logs and contacts.

It was working last night, because I was checking contacts around 9 PM. Then I turned off sync, Wi-Fi, and GPS because the battery was dying. I updated FBReader, Gesture Search, and installed AndroZip a little before this, but I don't know why those would cause this. Is it database corruption or something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones