1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Lost Call Log and Ringers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drew_14, Feb 25, 2010.

1. drew_14

drew_14 Newbie
    None

Jan 25, 2010
    I went to check my call log this morning and noticed it was completely empty. Not too big of a deal but still somewhat of a hassle. Then as I started getting calls throughout the day, I noticed that all of my contacts had their ringers reset to the default ringer instead of their custom one.

I haven't seen or heard of this problem anywhere else. I know people have had their messages completely wiped but this seems to be only Phone data. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. endolith

endolith Newbie
     #1,560

Jan 21, 2010
    I also lost my call logs and contacts.

It was working last night, because I was checking contacts around 9 PM. Then I turned off sync, Wi-Fi, and GPS because the battery was dying. I updated FBReader, Gesture Search, and installed AndroZip a little before this, but I don't know why those would cause this. Is it database corruption or something?

3. endolith

endolith Newbie
     #1,560

Jan 21, 2010
    I restored from backup to get back to a workable phone (takes more than half an hour), and it happened again. >:[ WHYYYY

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Android Expert
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide
    you guys - if not rooted - should get something like MyBackup Pro and backup phone data, settings, apps, call logs, SMS, etc. MyBackup can be used in root or not.. but it would allow you to put these items back to your last backup if lost