• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Low 2d FPS

I'm still new to the Droid, I got it a few days ago, but I was really bugged by how slow the 2d games seemed. Diong some research online I found all the information on the web about how it was from the 2.1 update.

I read that the CyanogenMod Rom skipped over the 2d problems... So i dove for it. I love the ROM, but I still dont feel like the problem has gotten better. I installed the FPS2D app to check, and I'm still averaging around 35 fps.

So last night I read online that a new kernel and OC'ing the CPU help. So I installed SetCPU and got the 5-slot 1ghz LV kernel, but I cant tell a difference at all.

Was it true that CM Rom doesnt have 2D problems, and I did something wrong? Or was I misinformed? Are there any other solutions for this?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones