• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low Internal Memory... Help?

jp122010

Lurker
Dec 8, 2010
I just bought an HTC Desire yesterday and downloaded no more than 10 apps onto the phone.

I got a notice on my phone just now that said I'm extremely low on memory and checked and saw I only have 15MB left. My contacts storage is 29.46MB and that's the biggest "application" I have listed when I go to Manage Applications. Where has all my memory gone? Why is my memory so low now?

Is there anyway I can save all of my apps to my SD card? I have an 8GB SD card that came with the phone and I have 7GB available. I currently have Android 2.1 as I have Alltel and 2.2 isn't available yet. :thinking:

PLEASE HELP!

i think there is a rouge app that is messing with your internal memory manager. Apps are not being killed off from background as they should be.

only 10 apps... what are they..
the main stream apps should be fine..

you can try to remove all of them. Reboot your phone.
then load one at a time.. and watch the mem each time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones