• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low On Storage

kborg

Lurker
Aug 10, 2019
I've got 16G of storage. I've got 719M left. What the heck takes up so much storage, besides photos? How can I put all my photos on the cloud and still have easy access to them? How can free up storage without deleting apps I use regularly? I'm not a gamer. I don't have THAT many photos.

no use google photos. it automatically save it for you. you can even set it to upload only on wifi to save data consumption. google drive works as well, but you have to manually do it. google photos is automatic.

as far as space goes, keep in mind that with internal storage, it is not just one big storage area. it is partitioned into segments. so only part of the 16gb is for your phone's storage. the other part is for your phone's operating system. android os now days are pretty big in size ezpecially nougat on up.

to really not worry about space you need phones with 32 gb on up.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones