• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LPP crashing on X

Which brings up my question... when is the 'ground-up' version forcasted to be done anyway? I know these things aren't written over night, but I was hoping he'd be about done with it by now. It's been, what... 3 weeks since he announced he was starting over from scratch? I'm most curious to see how it responds as compared to the current version. Which I've only had FC on me twice I believe. Of course in both cases as soon as I hit Force Close it booted right back up again anyhow. It's not like it sent me to my stock home screen or anything.

Actually it sort of seems like odd timing him rewriting in now with gingerbread right around the corner. I would assume the new UI coming with gingerbread would create a lot of issues for his program. But I honestly wouldn't know anything about it. For all I know that's not the case at all. It just occured to me that it might.

Upvote 0
I've switched to ADW from LP because of the constant force closes. It's something to do with the autorotate, as it almost always happens when leaving a native landscape app and coming back to portrait. I've changed the memory setting to highest, but still happens. It was happening 3-4 times a day or more, can't put up with that anymore. Had no issues with ADW. I haven't deleted LP yet, but probably will soon, but I'll try the fresh ground-up rewrite when it's done, hope that fixes it.

Upvote 0
I uninstalled LP+ yesterday and daughter didn't. She had several screen freezes and 1 FC. Since uninstalling, I've had zero problems, even with handcent. I MAY try ADW today since the stock is so boring. But I WILL take boring over FC and freezing!
Has anyone heard if Fede has acknowledged issues lately? I know in the past, he pretty much jumped right on it, and fixed the problems.
Also, I'm still not convinced it's a LP+ issue. Could one of my apps. (and I don't have alot added) cause this? My daughter and I have pretty much the same apps.

Upvote 0
Could be an app, sure, but useing the same apps (obviously), ADW runs fine, it hasn't FC'd on me once. And considering LP ran fine for a week straight when I had autorotate disabled, and then immediately started FC'ing again when I reenabled autorotation, that points to a problem with the launcher and not an app. If I leave an app that is in landscape and jump back to LP in portrait, it's a fairly good chance it's going to FC. And this is from several different apps, like Angry Birds, Homerun battle 3D and XScope. Just doesn't feel like an app issue to me.

Upvote 0
I've never had LPP do a FC on me, until yesterday that is. I got Folder Organizer (upgraded to the full version) and as soon as I added a folder widget to my homescreen, LPP kept crashing and took me to the stock launcher home page. I had to reboot and everything is fine now, except the FO Widget is acting very odd. It shows the wrong widgets inside the folder, but opens the correct app. It doesn't load all the widgets, and sometimes is just blank. I guess that was a wasted $1.36! LOL!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones