• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help M8 Space Issues

Dear All,

I'm having some grief with the M8 and internal space. It seems to keep running out of internal memory.
It's causing the phone to run pretty slowly at times now and crash off and on (it dumped the entire user defined dictionary after a crash a few weeks back).
I've had to slowly delete apps one by one each time I run of space. Hooking it up to the laptop, selecting all folders and dragging up properties reveals minimal usage of 121MB, so it's obviously a hidden or system folder somewhere.
I have whatsapp pointed to the SD card (emulated dir), as are all of my pictures (3,999 at the moment) and a few gigs of music. So, none of those should be using up internal memory, neither should email (K9 Mail).

Right to answer the next questions from everyone.
HTC One M8, Stock, Carrier unlocked (as sold) but not rooted or S-Off
Android Version 5.0.1
HTC Sense 6.0
Software 4.16.401.13
SDK Unknown
Carrier(s): Spain: Lebara, Bangladesh: Grameenphone, Thailand: Truemove, Russia: MTC, UAE: Etisalat.

Thoughts folks?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones