• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help M8 updating firmware issues

UCS

Sep 14, 2009
Hi Guys

firstly im asking as a last resort. I've spent 2 days searching the web and trying various fixes but with no luck.

HTC One M8 International Version
Phone is rooted.
S-On
Unlocked Bootloader.
Baseband - 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L
TWRP - 2.7
Venom Rom 1.8

Challenge

I want to take my phone back to stock android so that I can update my radio via OTA. I want to update my radio so that I can upgrade my Venom Rom or move to any other lollipop based rom.

Issues

I can not work out what recovery version I need as I can not determine what my Main Version is. Using the "GetVar_All" command does not give me the information i need. main-ver is blank. I believe this is down to a bug with TWRP.

Can anyone help with any suggestions?
Is there an easier way to upgrade my radio?
Would trying to acheive S-off be and then updating my radio be easier? (and how would I do this?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, it's that version of TWRP that blanks out the version main for some reason. I'd flash an updated version - recommend CaptainThrowback's from sticky in the All Things Root sub-forum - and then see if bootloader or getvar all command works.

To be honest, it's sounds like you'd be comfortable with it, so you'd probably find getting s-off an easier way to go about updating firmware. But not sure if Sunshine will work with Venom, you need to be stock or as close to stock as possible. Plus the £17, but we'll worth it imho.

Edit: Mods - think this would be better moved to the ATR sub-forum [emoji4]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones