• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
What specifically do you like better? I've got the x2 right now and am considering swapping it to the d3.

1. -Better battery life
  2. -Pentile seems better suited for 4" display
  3. -Keyboard rocks (game emulators and Quake games much better now)
  4. -No memory allocation issues and no lag accumulation like the DX2
  5. -No audio pops playing mp3s and this includes while multitasking
  6. -Plays N64, PSX games and Flash content better (so chipset must be faster)
  7. -Better video decoding support
  8. -Gingerbread and Blur mix is much better than the DX2 offering
  9. -Radio reception seems better (I can watch Flash content smoothly in my office, where the DX2 and Incredible would not and market downloads are faster)
  10. -Front facing camera
  11. -Few hundred more megs of app storage
  12. -7GB more media storage
  13. -No need to have to root and hack the D3 for decent performance
  14. -Does not get as hot
  15. -So far, no rampant random reboot reports like with DX2
Seems the D3 over the DX2 is a no-brainer, even if the DX2 firmware was currently not a mess.

Only issue is no root yet, so no wifi tether for now :(

Upvote 0
^Still not gonna do a review of the D3 yet? With that post you dont need too..lol

EDIT: I just checked...I see the mini review post...you just had to do it didnt ya? LOL!!

Well, I did not give it a rating at least :eek:

Seriously, I have done what I could to choke the D3, but it has not done so yet.

Night and day from the DX2, so Motorola should give the D3 devs raises and put the DX2 devs in the basement with no paychecks.

The ratio of people to cake is too big.... I will not get any cake.

Upvote 0
  1. -Better battery life
  2. -Pentile seems better suited for 4" display
  3. -Keyboard rocks (game emulators and Quake games much better now)
  4. -No memory allocation issues and no lag accumulation like the DX2
  5. -No audio pops playing mp3s and this includes while multitasking
  6. -Plays N64, PSX games and Flash content better (so chipset must be faster)
  7. -Better video decoding support
  8. -Gingerbread and Blur mix is much better than the DX2 offering
  9. -Radio reception seems better (I can watch Flash content smoothly in my office, where the DX2 and Incredible would not and market downloads are faster)
  10. -Front facing camera
  11. -Few hundred more megs of app storage
  12. -7GB more media storage
  13. -No need to have to root and hack the D3 for decent performance
  14. -Does not get as hot
  15. -So far, no rampant random reboot reports like with DX2
Seems the D3 over the DX2 is a no-brainer, even if the DX2 firmware was currently not a mess.

Only issue is no root yet, so no wifi tether for now :(

Dang you were a busy man this year, rush. You got to try out a lot of android devices in the last few months...haha.

Do you work for engadget or what???:p

Upvote 0
Dang you were a busy man this year, rush. You got to try out a lot of android devices in the last few months...haha.

Do you work for engadget or what???:p

Just a compulsive person who likes gadgets :)

The D3 could-might-maybe-possibly-perhaps be one of the most complete and functional devices made that also has great performance. Added: If it only had an FM radio....

BTW, if Toshiba fixes the sleep bug, the Thrive is hands down IMO the best tablet, when considering the total package. Tangent to thread- yes.

Upvote 0
What specifically do you like better? I've got the x2 right now and am considering swapping it to the d3.

well for one the interface, i'm a sucker for eyecandy and there are just a ton of nice effects in the interface. On the surface, if you haven't seen any videos, it may looks like the same interface from the x2 or the gingerbread update of the first x, but its actually got a ton of little changes here and there that make it awesome. There are a lot of 3d type effects as you are using the system, and the processor has enough juice to handle all of it without slowing down at all. I even loaded a ton of apps and thought, well maybe it would slow down some then.. nope.

The phone is so responsive in everything i've done, its been a joy to use. And i'm guessing it must be an updated version of swype from what was on my x, cause when i have used swype on here it works so much better.. like some of the really old versions i had used when swype first came out.

The build quality is pretty good, and honestly, its not that thick of a phone, its as thick as the hump part of the dx, and dx2

Only downside i've found so far, was i had just purchased a game from gamelofts website like 4 days before i bought this and it won't transfer over to the droid 3 :( but that's not the phones fault thats gamelofts fault lol.

i bought the extended battery for it, and i used the phone nonstop for about 5 hours after it had a full charge and it still have 60% left.. like i literally never put the phone down in that 5 hours, so i think thats pretty decent since i usually don't use it THAT much heh.

I made a couple phone calls and i would say that the earpiece sounded much louder than my droid x's.

another thing that i liked was they included a task list widget/app which i used to use one off the market but this is a nice resizeable one that works very well. The zumocast app that comes with it, at first i had kind of brushed it off as bloatware, but if you listen to music its very nice, it basically turns your home computer in to a cloud music service for your phone, and lets you stream music, including drm protecting itunes files, to your phone. works very nicely.

Thats just a bit of the things that have one me over so far :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones