• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mail Issues (Why am I constantly Deleting)

Toyzruskid1976

Jan 19, 2010
Dayton, OH
I hope this is an easy fix and just a matter of settings that I don't understand :thinking:

I have a few hotmail accounts and I access them via Live Mail on my work computer and my home computer as well as my hero. If I delete them on my home computer they still show up on my hero (Same with my work computer... delete and stills hows on my hero)

What settings do I need to flip so that if I delete the emails on one system they don't show up on any of the other systems. (same with showing read)

Is it a matter of IMPA vs POP3?

It gets annoying to have to delete 30+ emails every morning on my hero after I've read them on my PC.

Hmm... This does not happen on my hotmail acct. If I delete mail from the computer I don't get it on the phone. Not sure this will help at all, but here is how my acct. settings look -

Incoming settings:
Protocol - POP
POP server - pop3.live.com
Security type - SSL
Server port - 995

Outgoing server settings:
SMTP server - smtp.live.com
Security type - TLS
Server port - 587

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones