• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Major screen issue

jl79

Android Enthusiast
May 9, 2011
U.S.A.
So my screen went out on my phone today...the screen was a solid pattern of "snow" and I was not able to even get into recovery to try and do a restore.

So I went into the Sprint store and had the guy activate my other EVO 4G LTE that I had laying around, after I told him it was rooted and running Viper ROM he said he may not be able to activate the phone, but in the end he was able to get it to work.

These are my current settings:

Unlocked
S-On
Hboot - 2.09.0000
Radio - 1.12.11.1210

What would the best route be to get this phone current so that I can use the most current Viper ROM?

After running 4.13.651.4 Firmware + TWRP Recovery (deprecated) my hboot say locked even though I am S-OFF...Is that okay?

You updated to the latest hboot, and Sense 5, good! :)

You will need to unlock the bootloader again. The update RUU process relocks the bootloader, but keeps S-off. S-off is permanent unless you issue the command in fastboot to reset the flag. :)

Reactions: jl79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones