• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
There are no viruses for android (self-propagating malware), so the way you pick up a malware infection is by installing an infected app yourself. So if you are careful what you install (check permissions first: if it wants things it doesn't need to carry out its functions, possibly including providing ads, then be suspicious), and in particular are careful where you install from, you can eliminate most of the risks just by doing that.

Upvote 0
There are no viruses for android (self-propagating malware), so the way you pick up a malware infection is by installing an infected app yourself. So if you are careful what you install (check permissions first: if it wants things it doesn't need to carry out its functions, possibly including providing ads, then be suspicious), and in particular are careful where you install from, you can eliminate most of the risks just by doing that.

Someone is remotely installing malware on my android device and I want to remove it but it is in the system
Apps. What do I do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones