• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Managing Contacts

asmith001

Lurker
Nov 12, 2009
Now that I have a grasp of how contacts are managed, I'll share how I am syncing / managing mine...

Previously, I managed all 480 (or so) of my contacts in Outlook, syncing them with my Blackberry with BBDM. It was very simple and reliable. Now, after seeing how the Hero manages contacts and handles syncing, I have found way to manage them that seems more appropriate for me. I separated my contacts into personal and business, since this is also how I keep my email and everything else. I exported all of my personal contacts to my Google account. Then I deleted my personal contacts from Outlook. Now, when I sync my business contacts in Outlook with my phone via HTC Sync, the Hero displays them as "Phone" contacts. When Google syncs my personal contacts, they show up as "Google". So technically I have two separately syncing groups of people. The only thing I have to pay close attention to is which type of contact (Google or Phone) I set up, when adding contacts via the phone. It's very different from what I'm used to, but i can deal with it, and feel that I'll like it better this way in the end. How is everyone else managing contacts? Do you like HTC Sync?

btw... I have a CDMA Hero on Cellular South, not Sprint.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones