• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manually syncing facebook contacts w/phone contacts

Ive read the constant threads where people say, just find the friend on facebook, hold press their icon and it will do whatever.

doesnt work at all, the only thing happens is if i quick press i get the chooser to email them, or view their facebook profile.

what im trying to do is manually sync a contact on my phone with a facebook contact.

on my friends droid eris he can open up a phone contact, hit edit and actually has a field for him to type my facebook name in and it will sync.

there anyway to do this? im tired of only having like 10 peoples profiles actually syncing with my phone contacts and another 100 not synced..

you can change the contact name to whatever you want after its synced, just needs it the one time to sync :)

actually no u cant.. ive tried. people who did sync with facebook get changed to their first AND last name..

example, my friend tom was in my phone as "Tom D." after facebook synced its now Tom Dixxxxxxxx. if i try and edit it, it says "Tom D." still in his name field

Upvote 0
i'm trying to figure this out as well, if i go to the facebook app on the homescreen and select to log out, it says it will delete all facebook contact information from my phone, i've got most of my contacts that have facebooks updated with their facebook information, its the last three that i havent yet, one of which is important(my husband.) the contacts i got updated, i just went to their facebook on my computer and it updated it on my phone, whether or not those two things have anything to do wtih each other i do not know, as it didnt work for all the contacts.

Upvote 0
in messing around trying to get this to work, if you go to the facebook app and call up your friends. the name in your contacts apparently needs to match the name they have as their name on your friend list on facebook. click the picture of the friend you want to import to your contacts, and a menu comes up with the phone icon, contacts icon, message icon and facebook icon, click the contacts icon and it will import the facebook information

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones