• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market download problems

ghmerrill

Aug 23, 2010
I installed an app yesterday, (appbrain web downloader) but couldn't get appbrain app to download, so I uninstalled the appbrain web app. Today I tried to update a couple apps, and niether would update- either I got a message that said download paused, with no way to re start, our it would just show it as downloading, but not making any progress. I tried to install another app off the market, just to see, and out wouldn't install either....

Tried-
Clearing market updater
Rebooting phone
Removing battery and re starting phone
going to titanium backup and wiping market data

Any other suggestions?

I haven't been able to download or update any apps for at least 2 weeks.

It's a joke - an Iphone is looking more and more attractive.

First, if you're willing to jump ship just because of this, then go right ahead. The android system is so much more than apps.

Second, the market was down for a day and intermittent for a couple weeks. However, I haven't had a problem with it since last thursday. That being the case, you may (and probably do) have something else going on with your phone.

If you are rooted, let us know what phone you have, what kernel you are running, the ROM, themes, etc.

If you are not rooted, maybe try contacting your carrier. There may be a problem with their service or they may be able to help fix your phone.

All in all, I personally would never jump from Android to iOS just because of apps and the market. Then again, that is just me.

Kratos

Upvote 0
I am desperate need of help....I have the LG Ally and I rooted it just to get rid of some of the factory apps. Well apparently gtalk is very important cause now phone won't download anything from the market. I tried facyory reset and have found lnks with some ways to possibly fix the problem but I don't understand it. Which just goes to show I should have left well enough alone. Can someone put in dummy terms so I can figure out how to return my phone to normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones