• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market Downloads

jonmchugh

Aug 25, 2010
I just got me a Droid 2 and am having trouble downloading the apps that I previously downloaded on my Eris. I signed into Google on my Droid 2 and most of my apps already started downloading once I signed on in the market. However, there have been a few problems .

Some of the apps that are re-downloaded are not downloading. The progress bar is showing but the app isn't downloading. I try to cancel the download and I get a error message that reads:

"the application market process com.android.vending has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I shut the phone off, and it still does this for a few apps. I cant even cancel the download because it gives me that error message.

Any help?

I just got me a Droid 2 and am having trouble downloading the apps that I previously downloaded on my Eris. I signed into Google on my Droid 2 and most of my apps already started downloading once I signed on in the market. However, there have been a few problems .

Some of the apps that are re-downloaded are not downloading. The progress bar is showing but the app isn't downloading. I try to cancel the download and I get a error message that reads:

"the application market process com.android.vending has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I shut the phone off, and it still does this for a few apps. I cant even cancel the download because it gives me that error message.

Any help?

It's possible that it's a Market problem and not your device at all. I've seen what you're describing, and done nothing but wait for it to go away, which it did on reboot or battery pull (as Ronvada suggests).

You can at least partially test for that by going into the Market app in menu > settings > applications > manage applications and clearing the cache, then rebooting your device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones