• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Link Troubleshooting Help

I assume the phone is on the compatibility list of devices that work with the ML.

you should make sure your ML is seeing your home network. it needs to connect to your home network and grab an IP from it.

you can directly connect to the ML (say if you are in a hotel that does not have wifi or you dont want to use their wifi, etc) as well. if you can connect to the ML directly then that will confirm the ML is working.

Upvote 0
what is the EXACT wording of the error message?

the ML is not logging into your display, its connected through your home network as i mentioned above.

You have a desire X so how it connects may be a bit different from other devices, but do understand the ML adapter has to establish connection to the wifi network that your device is connected to. so make sure your mobile phone is connected to the same wifi network as the ML adapter and make sure the adapter is connected to your display via HDMI cable.

you should see the three finger swipe animation on the screen and at the bottom you will see the IP info and network info.

Upvote 0
I get this message: Unable to set up your media link on this tv, please try again later.
I can connect to my router, and my phone can connect to medialink.
There might be a problem though with the phone model and the threefinger swipe. Because I see the three finger swipe animation on the screen and at the bottom I see the IP info and network info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones