• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media sound problem

My problem with my nokia 8 is sound suddenly gets low when play videos on YouTube or music or browse instagram or any media sound gets suddenly low my media volume is set to max but dont know why its too low first it is high for couple of seconds then gets too low for no reason I did factory reset but no use

everything set to Max but dunno why it suddenly gets too low I'm very frusturtaed my whole apps are gone for no reason factory reset didn't help

My problem with my nokia 8 is sound suddenly gets low when play videos on YouTube or music or browse instagram or any media sound gets suddenly low my media volume is set to max but dont know why its too low first it is high for couple of seconds then gets too low for no reason I did factory reset but no use

everything set to Max but dunno why it suddenly gets too low I'm very frusturtaed my whole apps are gone for no reason factory reset didn't help

Upvote 0
So this is odd behavior. At first I thought it might initially just a specific app having an issue but since you referred to different ones it could be something relative to the operating system. And since you already tried a Factory Reset that negates trying to run your Nokia in its Safe Mode because of an issue with some user-installed utility app being a part of the problem.
Have you gone through everything sound-related in your phone's Settings menu? Perhaps there's some sub-menu buried deeper than the obvious.
If some overall sound setting glitch that's the source of this problem, this is a long shot but try booting your Nokia into its Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition.
http://www.hardreset.info/devices/nokia/nokia-8/
The system cache is completely different than the app caches stored in the user's data partition and it won't affect any of the data there so it doesn't require you to back up your data or anything like that. Note in Recovery Mode it's a text only interface so you need to use the indicated buttons to navigate through the various options, select the 'wipe cache partition' option, and it will only take a few seconds. Reboot your phone so it starts back up into its normal mode and see if the audio levels still drop down while playing.

Upvote 0
So this is odd behavior. At first I thought it might initially just a specific app having an issue but since you referred to different ones it could be something relative to the operating system. And since you already tried a Factory Reset that negates trying to run your Nokia in its Safe Mode because of an issue with some user-installed utility app being a part of the problem.
Have you gone through everything sound-related in your phone's Settings menu? Perhaps there's some sub-menu buried deeper than the obvious.
If some overall sound setting glitch that's the source of this problem, this is a long shot but try booting your Nokia into its Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition.
The system cache is completely different than the app caches stored in the user's data partition and it won't affect any of the data there so it doesn't require you to back up your data or anything like that. Note in Recovery Mode it's a text only interface so you need to use the indicated buttons to navigate through the various options, select the 'wipe cache partition' option, and it will only take a few seconds. Reboot your phone so it starts back up into its normal mode and see if the audio levels still drop down while playing.

Thanks for that I will try go recovery mode

Upvote 0

Soo I have been trying to go recovery mode but it goes to safe mode instead I did press power with volume down but no use was going to safe mode

Upvote 0
Hi
I've a similar issue,
When I play videos in 1080p, there's no audio coming out at all, videos were not recorded on the phone's camera,.....

Actually this does not seem to be similar to the OP's stated problem at all. But anyway, if that video plays OK on a different phone it sounds more like a codec issue involving the file itself. What media player app are you using? If you're using the default app on your phone, have you tried using a third-party app? Either MX Player or VLC are viable alternatives, both having the ability to play a really wide range of different file types and codecs.
MX Player
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro&hl=en
VLC
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc&hl=en
It might help if you stated which file type (avi, mp4, etc.), and which codecs were used to create that video file (h.264, h.265, xvid, etc. for video; mp3, AAC, etc. for audio).

Upvote 0
Just to add, the free version of MX Player is a bit ad heavy. If you like it's feature set and user interface, think about the pay-for, Pro version.
VLC is free and no ads.
Both are very good alternatives if you have a media library consisting of a wide range of different file types from various sources. Be sure to dig into the Settings menu, there's the typical user interface options of course but there's also a number of playback options (both hardware and software related) that you can tweak on a granular level.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones