• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Megatron 6.0.4 files not working in UOT?

xaelith

Android Enthusiast
May 19, 2012
Utah
I was trying to do a little research for the theming guide, so I hopped over to UOT kitchen, uploaded the necessary files, and made the changes to the part of the theme I'm researching. When my file finally finished in UOT Kitchen, I was given an SHTF error, and this is what the SHTF file said:

Code:
Error log: UOT-01-12-10-53-1-SHTF.txt

Decompiling SystemUI.apk UOT-01-12-10-53-1
I: Framework installed to: /root/apktool/framework/1.apk
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: /root/apktool/framework/1.apk
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
I: Done.
I: Copying assets and libs...
Compiling SystemUI.apk UOT-01-12-10-53-1
I: Framework installed to: /home/uotftp/apktool/framework/1.apk
I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
aapt: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by aapt)
/home/uotftp/port5/data/working_dir/UOT-01-12-10-53-1/su_dec/res/values/arrays.xml:3: error: Found tag reference-array where item is expected
/home/uotftp/port5/data/working_dir/UOT-01-12-10-53-1/su_dec/res/values/public.xml:317: error: Public symbol array/shutdown_reboot_actions declared here is not defined.
/home/uotftp/port5/data/working_dir/UOT-01-12-10-53-1/su_dec/res/values/public.xml:316: error: Public symbol array/shutdown_reboot_options declared here is not defined.
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 10, --target-sdk-version, 10, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL3450264975713879024.tmp, -I, /home/uotftp/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/uotftp/port5/data/working_dir/UOT-01-12-10-53-1/su_dec/res, -M, /home/uotftp/port5/data/working_dir/UOT-01-12-10-53-1/su_dec/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:255)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:324)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:269)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:192)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:174)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:188)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:70)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 10, --target-sdk-version, 10, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL3450264975713879024.tmp, -I, /home/uotftp/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/uotftp/port5/data/working_dir/UOT-01-12-10-53-1/su_dec/res, -M, /home/uotftp/port5/data/working_dir/UOT-01-12-10-53-1/su_dec/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:253)
... 6 more

Any ideas?

That makes both of us buddy,

UOT was updated a month ago and ever since then many users have been experiencing the same error.
The UOT developers dont exactly seem to care much to do anything right now so no word on when it will be fixed. Megatron 6.1.0 will only be avilable in blue ics because thats the theme i was modding while in the development of 6.1.0

Reactions: dmcjr22 and xaelith
Upvote 0
Well that sucks. Guess we'll just have to do our theming elsewhere. :p

EDIT: It would seem that's easier said than done, though. :rolleyes: A couple google searches haven't turned up anything worthwhile so far.

Manual theming is your only choice.

Thats what im doing for the marquee. Yes megatron 6.1.0 will be launching for the marquee most likely on the same day or a couple days after the 6.1.0 release for the ultra. Unfortunately since i was modding stock umthemed files i will have to do the theme manually for them. I'll be doing on theme. ICS

Upvote 0
Yeah, I guess I'll have to when the time comes. Unfortunately, I was trying to figure out the differences on the xml files between a simple animated notification menu background versus a complex one, so that I could get that part of the theming guide done this weekend (text-wise, anyway). Now it looks like I may be SOL until UOT gets fixed. :(

Upvote 0
check out UOT thread in xda... people are getting annoyed.
but this works for me as a work around.... only for images not for xml edits

UOT allows u to upload a cm7 theme apk instead of a systemui and framework file. look around for a cm7 mdpi theme that still works in uot. i found one called yingyang_cm7.
when u are done themeing and download the UOT file unzip it and yank out whatever images u made and use 7zip open archive to drop them in the right place (systemui or framework) then adb push, ziptheme etc to get the new files on your phone.

however cm7 themes often have extended names "frameworks_res_stat_sys_battery_20.png" instead of our "stat_sys_battery_20.png" so unless u want to manually rename 200 files, use a program like FastStone photo resizer to batch rename.
FastStone is also good for batch resizing and converting HDPI to MPDI (96dpi)

I used this method to get battery and quicksetting icons (I think i used a cm7 theme called mellowyellow for the quicksettig icons)

screenshot-1358041892985.png screenshot-1358042027892.png

Its a pain in the neck but works, remember its only for images, u can try for xml files but ud probably mess up ur phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones