• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memento database import

wrigglesworth

May 26, 2010
Hi all,

I've been playing around with Memento, and in particular seeing if it can be used to import a database of memos from my old Palm OS system. It should be pretty simple. The memos will just have two fields: category and memo text. I've set up a library in Memento ready to take the memos. I've exported them from the Palm desktop software into a CSV file. The CSV file seems to be perfectly formatted - it will open in Excel for example and looks fine there. But when I import it into Memento, Memento thinks that there are something like 58,000 records (there are only around 800). It spends about a minute whirring and then crashes. (Incidentally, I've made sure that the columns in the CSV file have the correct field headings.)

I've tried exporting smaller selections, just in case Memento can't handle 800 records at a time, but I get similar problems.

Any advice?

(On a separate note, it looks like Memento stores all databases in the phone memory, although the application itself can go on the SD card. I can't find any setting to alter this.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones