• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memos/Notes sync with Gmail

khsjsilver

Aug 6, 2010
I have being trying to find an app the syncs Memos on my Droid X with either my computer or with Gmail. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the right app.

So my approach is to set up a contact in Gmail and populate the "Note" field only with my Memo information. Then on my Droid X & in Gmail, I set up a contact group titled "Memos" and added these contacts to that group. This way, the "Memos" are on my handheld and sync'd with Gmail and can be viewed separately from my other contacts when I look at the "Memos" contact group.

It would be nice if we were able to automatically sync our "groups" in Gmail with the "groups" on Droid X instead of setting up the groups manually, but this is another one of the stupid deficiencies in the Droid X software.

If anyone has a better solution or a good sugestion, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Ken

I use the Gtasks app. It doesn't sync with gmail, it syncs with tasks. But what I have is a "task list" that has all of my notes in it - a generic notes file, a grocery list, etc. So, when logged into Gmail, I can edit my task lists and they'll sync with my phone, or edit on my phone and it'll sync to the cloud.

All quick and automatic and it doubles as an actual task list, too. My task list (and hence my widget) looks like this:

[Notes]
[Groceries]
-----------
Task 1
Task 2
etc.

So I can create and check off tasks as they finish, and still have a couple persistent "tasks" that are really just areas for me to take notes in.

You can create multiple task lists for categories of notes if you want (e.g. memos), and the Gtasks widget lets you select which task lists you want to display - or just open the Gtasks app and look at each individual list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones