• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Merrian-Webster Dict Voice Problem

Unicorn512

Jan 21, 2010
Idaho
Since the JB update, my wife's TF700 no longer renders words properly in the Merriam-Webster dictionary app. Other apps voice rendering and sound functions seem to be working normally, and oddly, when she uses a BT headset, it's better, but not 100%

This function worked fine before the JB update, and I have checked to make sure she has all the latest updates from the Market.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I searched on-line, but could not find any other reports.

If this is working normally for other folks, then I will contact ASUS to see if there are any hardware issues. But since it worked before JB, I am guessing this is a software driver problem.

The words are clipped and somewhat garbled.

Thanks in advance to anyone else who tests this......

Despite having had two system firmware updates since the original post, this problem persists for us. I did find some other users reporting the same problem in the application feedback posts, so it may be the application that needs some sort of change.

Oddly, when my wife got a new set of BT earphones, the words are clear but cut-off before they are completely pronounced.

So,,, different results depending on output device, but none are 100%

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones