• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message from Google Keyboard

tage08053

Lurker
Feb 15, 2018
I keep getting the message - "Google Keyboard" can not be used, please try to allow permissions.

I have tried numerous things to get rid of this message, but it continues to come back. How do I get rid of it. The phone is currently unusable.

Phone: Blu Life One X
Android version 6.0

I keep getting the message - "Google Keyboard" can not be used, please try to allow permissions.

I have tried numerous things to get rid of this message, but it continues to come back. How do I get rid of it. The phone is currently unusable.

Phone: Blu Life One X
Android version 6.0

I have the same phone and the exact same problem. Force Stop doesn't work. Rebooting phone doesn't work. I even downloaded GBoard as a replacement and the same thing happens.

Upvote 0
Same issue with BLU Advance 5.0 HD running Android version 6.0.
Update on my issue: Finally managed to get to Play Store and find Gboard (difficult without a keyboard); had an INSTALL button, so I did. In the process, I found that there were updates waiting for 11 other (seemingly unrelated) apps, which I also let run. Restarted and (knock wood) everything seems to be working for the moment. Was it an ill-engineered update that caused the original problem? I don't know, but there hadn't been any manual changes to blame it on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones