• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Messed up my phone, please help

roan242

Feb 10, 2011
mornig,

got into the whole root thinkg last week and successfully did the deed. i then must have got ideas above my station and tried to load a ROM off ROM Manager which worked. i then realised i had lost all my contacts so tried to restore to my phone. its now just turning itself on and off (boot loop?). can anyone tell me how to get the effin thing working again? i can get into recovery by doing the power on and volume down thing.

thanks

Did you take a Nandroid backup (the one in the Clockwork recovery menu)? If so then just go into recovery and do a restore. That will get you back to where you were before you flashed the rom. Then find the rom, put it on your SD card and flash using the recovery menu

If you didn't then the best thing is to find the rom you want online, copy the zip file to your SD card (hopefully you have a card read - its easier) and then flash it using the recovery menu. Don't use rom manager - its not really any easier and its just introduces another thing that can go wrong.

Reactions: roan242
Upvote 0
Did you take a Nandroid backup (the one in the Clockwork recovery menu)? If so then just go into recovery and do a restore. That will get you back to where you were before you flashed the rom. Then find the rom, put it on your SD card and flash using the recovery menu

If you didn't then the best thing is to find the rom you want online, copy the zip file to your SD card (hopefully you have a card read - its easier) and then flash it using the recovery menu. Don't use rom manager - its not really any easier and its just introduces another thing that can go wrong.

What your saying might help me with my problem can u tell me in more detail or direct me somewhere that can show me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones