• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys,

I've just got the x10 last week and was wondering which messenger app was good to use. I know BBM won't work outside of blackberry phones, so I went around searching what apps would work. I've found stuff like PingChat!, Kik, WhatsApp, TextOne...can you guys give me some advice as to which one is the most user-friendly and uses the least data? (I'm on a limited data plan). My main desire for a messenger app on the android is to send msgs to my friends internationally without paying for international text messaging! Please give me your opinions! Thanks!!!:eek:

I have HiMSN downloaded very thoughtfully on to my phone by my teenage son, not sure who he thinks will be using it... not really my thang! But he assures me its good. I guess if they are freebies, download a few and give them a whirl, you can always ditch them if you don't get on with them.

Edit Just checked with him and he also said Ebuddy was OK but he preferred the above. I guess a 15year old msn addict is the person to ask!

Upvote 0
I have HiMSN downloaded very thoughtfully on to my phone by my teenage son, not sure who he thinks will be using it... not really my thang! But he assures me its good. I guess if they are freebies, download a few and give them a whirl, you can always ditch them if you don't get on with them.

Edit Just checked with him and he also said Ebuddy was OK but he preferred the above. I guess a 15year old msn addict is the person to ask!

Im not really looking for a MSN app..I want something more simple like BBM running on my X10..I guess something with a pin or something? I just don't want a MSN app running and killing my battery the whole time. Thanks tho :)

Upvote 0
Im not really looking for a MSN app..I want something more simple like BBM running on my X10..I guess something with a pin or something? I just don't want a MSN app running and killing my battery the whole time. Thanks tho :)
Hi there, I use Google Talk. It does not have the group function or the picture posting function of BBM, but on the other hand it can be accessed from a computer as well.

It works well for me to keep in touch internationally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones